Former Director, Department of Community and Economic Development, City of Tacoma, Washington
Business Development Executive, MuniServices
Ricardo Noguera joined MuniServices in January 2018 following a very successful 27 year career in the municipal economic development sector. Over the span of nearly three decades, Ricardo represented communities across the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Pacific Northwest, Central Valley and South Florida. He has focused on revitalizing economically challenged communities with high levels of ethnic minorities. Among his many successes, those projects which he’s most proud of include:
- Utilizing Underachieving Public Assets to Attract Foreign Investments. Facilitated the development and entitlement process for more than two dozen projects in Tacoma, WA.
Representing approximately $500m in private investments (including 3 foreign investment projects) on idle city assets including several city-owned properties which were vacant, blighted and off the tax rolls.
- Converting Blight to Financial Wealth for Challenged Communities. Facilitating the redevelopment of East Palo Alto’s Gateway/101 Retail Power Center and University Circle Office Development and Union City’s Union Landing Retail Center from a former drive-in theater to a prosperous shopping center.
- Neighborhood Strategic Planning. Authoring an Overall Economic Development Plan for San Francisco’s Mission District.
- Brownfields to Mixed-Use Communities. Negotiating and Overseeing the Ground Breaking of Biscayne Landing “a mixed-use development on a former landfill” in North Miami
- Successful Business Recruitment During the Recession. Recruited more than 450,000 sf of national retailers to Visalia’s Mooney Blvd. Corridor during the recession.
Currently, Noguera assists municipalities throughout southern California to maximize revenues through sales, property, hotel, business license audits and through economic development consulting to attract private investment and expand their tax base and create and retain jobs while building healthy and vibrant communities.